Do you often like having salty snacks while watching TV or while working? Potato chips might be a solution but they are usually high in fat and salt. So why not roast up some pumpkin seeds and enjoy these crunchy bites?
Servings: 2-3 cups
Preparation time: 45 mins
- Raw seeds from one large pumpkin
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsb of salt
- Remove seeds from the pumpkin, wash and dry them
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin seeds, olive oil, garlic powder and salt
- Spread the seeds evenly on a baking sheet
- Bake for 30 mins at 350F, let cool and enjoy!
To shell or not the shell the pumpkin seeds?
Many think that they cannot consume the pumpkin seed shells. However, yes, pumpkin seeds can be eaten with the shell! You no longer need to put up a fight to remove the shell of these seeds.
The shells are chewier and contain more fiber than the kernels (shelled seed), which makes the shells low in calories while keeping you full!