Are you looking for a hearty soup with a little kick to enjoy during this fall? This Thai inspired Pumpkin Potage is the recipe for you!
With 15g of protein and 8g of fiber per serving, this soup is a great addition to your meals during cool fall evenings or you can double the portion and have this as your main dish.
Servings: 10-15 servings
Preparation time: 1 hr
- 1.5L of water
- 3 cups of dry lentils
- 8 cups of diced pumpkin (or about 1/4 large pumpkin)
- 4 cut carrots
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3tbs of minced ginger
- 3 tbs of curry powder
- 1/4 cup of soya sauce
- 1 flat tsp of salt
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil
- Add lentils, pumpkin, carrots, garlic cloves and ginger
- Let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add curry powder, soya sauce, salt and coconut milk, and stir
- Remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes and blend until smooth
- Serve and enjoy!
All about lentils…
Lentils are easier and quicker to cook and prepare than other legumes, and can be enjoyed in a varitey of meals, such as soups, salads, curries, etc.
Lentils are a great source of fiber and protein. One cup of cooked lentils contains 19g of protein and 9g of fiber! They are also an excellent source of folate for cell synthesis (healthy cell growth), and a good source of iron for healthy red blood cells. They are beneficial for improving of maintaining heart health and normal cholesterol levels.