Do you sometimes crave chips and dips or a little salty treat? This sweet roasted bell pepper hummus recipe can satisfy your sweet and salty taste!
🚫 Unlike commercial hummus that usually contain added fats, this recipe has NO added sugar and NO added oils, which makes this a healthy yet delicious alternative.
Servings: 10 portions
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium bell peppers, halved and seeded (I used one red and one orange)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 can (540 mL) of chick peas, strained and rinsed
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven at 300F.
- Roast bell peppers and garlic on a baking tray for 20 minutes, and turn half way through.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Enjoy with oven baked pita chips, other crackers or vegetables!
👩🏻🔬 Did you know that bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C? Only one third of this vegetable is enough to cover your daily needs (90 mg or vitamin C)? In addition to being a great anti-oxydant, this vitamin will help you absorb iron (present in chick peas).
🍽 For more hummus flavours, check out my beet hummus recipe!
|Sweet Bell Pepper Hummus (for ¼ cup)||Commercial hummus (for ¼ cup)|
|Energy||50 kcal||140 kcal|
|Fat||1 g||10 g|
|Carbohydrates||8 g||10 g|
|Protein||3 g||4 g|