🍗 Do you have holiday parties coming up soon? This recipe is sure to be a favorite during your family/friend gatherings! It is a quick and easy recipe that will add a kick of flavour to almost any meats and alternatives.
🍯This honey-maple glaze is not only great with chicken, but also pairs well with salmon, tilapia and sole. For a vegan option, you can also use this glaze for grilled tofu.
Servings: 6-8 portions
Preparation time: 45-60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of minced ginger
- 1/4 cup of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of soya sauce
- 3 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 cup of water
- 4-6 medium chicken breasts
- In a small sauce pan, on high heat, brown ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes
- Add honey and soya sauce
- In a small bowl, mix water and corn starch, and gradually add the mix into the sauce pan
- Mix well until the sauce thickens. If it is too thick, add water. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook on the stove top (6-8 minutes each side on medium-high heat), on the grill (6-10 minutes each side) or in the oven (25-30 minutes at 375F), until the inside of each breast is fully cooked.
- Generously coat the cooked chicken breasts with the honey-maple glaze and enjoy!
🥔 Ginger is not only a great natural remedy for nausea and gastric discomforts, but this root is said to have many therapeutic and preventive properties. Evidence seems to suggest that ginger has good anti-oxydant, anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea properties. Some studies even suggest that this root might have beneficial effects in managing diabetes and dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- Ann M. Bode and Zigang Dong, Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition, Chapter 7: The Amazing and Mighty Ginger.