Servings: 8-10 portions
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 750-1000g of raw skinless boneless chicken breast or thigh, diced
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 cup of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of edamame
- 2 cups of diced carrots (fresh or frozen)
- In a large pot, the cook diced chicken in vegetable oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Reserve.
- In another pot, warm the vegetable oil over high heat. Add flour and mix with a whisk for 1 minute.
- Add milk, whisk vigorously until smooth, and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic powder, salt, paprika, diced onions, peas, edamame, carrots and cooked chicken. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Serve this chicken vol-au-vent sauce over a toasted slice of whole wheat bread (you can cut off the crust for a prettier appearance) and enjoy! (Ps. You can also serve this sauce over puff pastry, however this option is much higher is bad fats.)