Servings: 12 portions
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cups of finely minced leek (about one leek)
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of diced tomato (fresh of canned)
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth
- 2 cups of dehydrated texturized soy protein
- 2 cups of cooked or canned kidney beans
- 2 cups of cooked of canned black beans
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, on medium-high heat, warm oil and brown onions.
- Add garlic and leek, and brown.
- Rehydrate texturized soy protein, and add to pot. Add spices, tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth and beans.
- Let simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and enjoy with toasted tortilla or brown rice!