Servings: 6 portions
Preparation time: 3-4 hours, including refrigeration
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of earl grey tea leaves (or about 3-4 tea pouches)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cups of milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven at 325F.
- Steep earl grey tea in hot water for 6-8 minutes, and strain tea leaves. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, egg yolks and honey until the consistency is smooth.
- Add milk, cooled tea and vanilla bean seeds, and stir.
- Transfer mixture into 6-8 small ramequins. Place the ramequins into a roasting pan, and fill the roasting pan with hot water until the level reaches half way up the sides of the ramequins.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the crème brûlée is set.
- Remove the ramequins and let cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of sugar on each crème brûlée, and melt the sugar using a torch. Serve and enjoy!