🥐 You want to find a healthier alternative to added sugar and fat filled commercial muffins? Here is a quick and easy solution! ⚡️ Start the morning with this refreshing and energizing berry mug muffin! 🍓
Servings: 1 mug muffin
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons of honey
- 3 teaspoons of skim milk or enriched soy beverage
- 1/4 cup of fresh of frozen berries (I used frozen raspberries, blueberries and strawberries)
1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds
- In a mug, mix butter, honey, milk and berries.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. If needed, cook for additional 30 seconds until the muffin is firm. Enjoy!
|Nutrition facts for one muffin||Berry Mug Muffin||Commercial blueberry muffin *|
|Energy||265 kcal||380 kcal|
|Protein||7 g||6 g|
|Fats||6.7 g||16 g|
|Carbohydrates||35 g||53 g|
|Fibers||6 g||1 g|