Servings: 15-20 vegan meatballs
Preparation time: 45-60 minutes
- 1 cup of canned beans, drained and rinsed (I used black eye beans, but you can use the one you like)
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 cup of dry TVP (texturized vegan protein or texturized soy protein)
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- In a bowl, soak dry TVP in warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes, rinse and drain well. Reserve.
- In a food processor, blend beans, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Add TVP, flour corn starch and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Form mixture into 3 cm balls, and place onto a baking tray lined with a parchemin paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, and turn the TVP meatballs halfway through baking.
- Remove from heat, and enjoy on rice, on pasta, in a meatball sandwich or with other sides of your choice. These TVP meatballs also pairs well with the Honey-Ginger Glaze recipe.