Servings: 10 portions
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 kg of boneless chicken breast, diced into 3 cm cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large can of unsalted ground or purée tomatoes (796ml)
- 2 cups of coconut milk (I chose the unsweet Silk coconut milk, since it contains less harmful fats then many canned coconut milks)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can of white kidney beans (540ml)
- 3 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- In a large pot, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and brown the pieces on each side. Remove the chicken pieces and reserve.
- In the same pot, brown the onion until golden.
- Add garlic, ground or purée tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir and bring to a boil
- Add browned chicken and beans.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from heat and enjoy with basmati rice!
|Nutrition facts for one portion||No-Butter Chicken|