Servings: 4 portions
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 block (350g) of extra-firm tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 block (240g) of tempeh, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- ¼ cup of fresh ground ginger
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Pan-fry the tofu and tempeh until brown. Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In the skillet, add the blended ingredients, and warm over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried tofu and tempeh, and toss to coat. Remove from heat, serve with rice or noodles, top with optional grated carrots and green onions, and enjoy!
|Nutrition facts for one portion||Stir-fried Tofu and Tempeh||Stir-fried Tofu and Tempeh served with ½ cup of rice|
|Energy||210 kcal||340 kcal|
|Protein||18 g||21 g|
|Fats||12 g||13 g|
|Carbohydrates||9 g||35 g|